Hello Learners, In this post you will know how you can get derivative of 1/x. So let’s solve this question i.e., Find the Derivative of 1/x . So I want to tell you that if you want to find derivative of any function then you must know the formula.
Formulas to revise:
- Power Rule: (d/dx) (xn ) = nxn-1
- Derivative of a constant, a: (d/dx) (a) = 0
- Derivative of a constant multiplied with function f: (d/dx) (a. f) = af’
- Sum Rule: (d/dx) (f ± g) = f’ ± g’
- Product Rule: (d/dx) (fg)= fg’ + gf’
Derivative of 1/x, f(x) = 1/x
So we can write 1/x as x-1.
Now with the help of power rule we can easily solve it.
Formula, f'(x) = n xn-1
Putting the value, i.e, n = -1 we will get
f'(1/x) = -x-2
f'(1/x) = -1/x2
Hence the derivative of 1/x is -1/x2 .
Also Read: Factors of 15, Prime Factorization of 15