If you want to know about the full form of PCS then you are at the correct website, because in this article we will going to share everything you need to know about PCS full form. So let’s discuss everything related to it.
PCS Full Form
The full form of PCS is Provincial Civil Service, It is a state-level civil service that comes under Group A and Group B of the executive branch of the government of Uttar Pradesh. It is an exam for the selection of the employees. Every year it is conducted by Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC).
Educational Qualification For PCS
- The candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university or equivalent qualification.
- The minimum age for the applicant is 21 years, and the maximum age is 40 years.
- Also, need to go through physical measurements for certain posts as applicants have to undergo certain medical tests following the interview. The various posts that need these physical measurement exams are Assistant Conservator of Forest, Range Forest Officer, Dy. Superintendent of Police, Superintendent of Jail, District Commandant Home Guards, Excise Inspector.
UPPSC PCS Pattern
- Prelims: 2 Papers ( Objective )
- Mains: 8 papers (essay/ descriptive type)
Paper 1 – General Studies I
Paper 2 – General Studies II (CSAT)
Paper 1 – 2hr
Paper 2 – 2hr
Paper 1: 150 questions
Paper 2: 100 questions
Paper 1: 200marks
Paper 2: 200 marks
Total 8 Papers
- General Hindi – 150 marks
- Essay – 150 marks
- General Studies I
- General Studies II
- General Studies III
- General Studies IV
- Optional Subject – Paper 1
- Optional Subject – Paper 2
Total 1500 marks
PCS Job Posts:
These are the job vacancies by UPPSC for various posts.
- Deputy Collector,
- Deputy Superintendent of Police,
- Block Development Officer,
- Assistant Regional Transport Officer,
- Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Tax),
- District Commandant Homeguards,
- Treasury Officer/Accounts Officer (Treasury),
- Cane Inspector and Assistant Sugar Commissioner,
- Superintendent Jail,
- Manager Credit (Small Industries), Manager Marketing and Economic Survey (Small Industries),
- Executive Officer Grade-I/Assistant Nagar Ayukta,
- District Basic Education Officer/Associate DIOS & Other equivalent Administrative Posts,
- Assistant Director Industries (Marketing),
- Assistant Labour Commissioner,
- Senior Lecturer DIET,
- Designated Officer,
- Assistant Commissioner Industries, Statistical Officer,
- Assistant Accounts Officer, (Treasury), Commercial Tax Officer, District Minority Welfare Officer,
- District Food Marketing Officer, Executive Officer (Panchayati Raj), Deputy Secretary
- (Housing and Urban Planning),
- Area Rationing Officer, District Backward Welfare Officer,
- Naib Tehsildar, District Saving Officer, District Panchayat Raj Officer, District Social
- Welfare Officer, Accounts Officer (Nagar Vikas),
- District Supply Officer Grade-2, Additional District Development Officer (Social Welfare), Passenger/Goods Tax Officer,
- District Handicapped Welfare Officer,
- Assistant District Employment Assistance Officer,
- Accounts Officer (Local Bodies),
- Regional Employment Officer,
- Assistant Registrar (Cooperative),
- Sub Registrar,
- Assistant Prosecuting Officer (Transport),
- District Probation Officer,
- District Administrative Officer,
- District Audit Officer (Revenue Audit),
- Assistant Controller Legal Measurement (Grade-1 and Grade-2),
- District Programme Officer,
- District Youth Welfare and Pradeshik Vikas Dal Officer,
- Labour Enforcement Officer,
- Excise Inspector,
- Child Development Project Officer,
- Food Safety Officer and Deputy Jailor.
PCS Full-Form FAQs
Q1. What is the full form of PCS?
Provincial Civil Service is the full form of PCS
Q2. What is the official website to fill application for PCS?
http://uppsc.up.nic.in/ is the official website.
Q3. What is the salary of the PCS?
Generally, it is Rs. 9300-34800 Grade Pay Rs 4600/- to Rs. 15600-39100/- Grade Pay Rs. 5400/ but some exceptions are there also.